Cubase LE 1.07 VST channel settings .......Help

steelman48

I have access to 2 settings with no problem. I see 4 more available but can't enable them.
I can load the effect I want and check enable but it does not have an effect on it when
I play it back. Got any ideas?
Thanks for your time.

LE version 1?

There are only 2 inserts available in that version. It's a limitation of LE.

Actually, I remember version 1 how are you able to see 4 more insert slots?

I have version 1.0.7 Build 94. If you click on E and look to the right of EQ window I see 4 more effects windows there. I can load different ones in there and enable them on the screen but they do not respond with any difference in the effect. I hope I explained it ok.

You will have to bear with me as it's been some years since I used LE v1.

If I remember correctly you only got 2 inserts and 4 sends. Are you talking about the send effects? When you press e these would be to the right in the window that pops up.

These work differently than inserts. To use them create a group track and insert the effect you want on that group track (usually reverb is used this way). You then use those 4 send tracks to send some of the tracks signal to that group track.

Works for sending multiple tracks to the same effect.

Is the software something that came with some used hardware you bought? Because I'm pretty sure you can get LE version 5 through the hardware company IIRC. Just got to call or email them for it. I think it's worth it over LE 1 IMO.

Cubase le 1.0.7

Yes, this software came with Presonus Firepod. I guess I thought there were 4 more inserts there. I didn't know they were sends. I was trying to open another effect to work into the same track that I had control over for that one instrument.
I guess I could maybe duplicate that track and add an insert that way, you think? Thanks for your help.

Yes, this software came with Presonus Firepod. I guess I thought there were 4 more inserts there. I didn't know they were sends. I was trying to open another effect to work into the same track that I had control over for that one instrument.
I guess I could maybe duplicate that track and add an insert that way, you think? Thanks for your help.

Just create a group channel, and set your track output to the group. Then you get two more inserts on the group track. If need more, output that group to another group.......

Or probably better, just create FX channels and 'Send' to them from the 'Send' slots. :D

Back