Cubase Artist 7: Problems with Halion Sonic SE

7Bong13

Hi,

I recently installed my Cubase Artist 7 on a new computer, but something is wrong with Halion Sonic SE. It won't load, and when I check the plug-in information, the file it points to use is cubase7.exe, which doesn't seem right. It is the same with another non-Steinberg plug I installed, it points to cubase7.exe instead of predator.dll. So, is there any way of changing which files the plugins use? In plug-in information I can't change anything. I have many projects using these plugins and they obviously won't load since the plugins points to the file cubase7.exe.

When I bought Cubase about 1 1/2 years ago and installed it on my previous computer I had no problems at all, so I have no idea what happened now.

Any help greatly apprecatiated.

Henrik

the first thing that comes to mind is try a fresh install, have you tried that yet? it shouldn't affect the cubase project file or audio folder providing you make sure they are copied, I had a similar problem with cubase 7 and re-installing it seemed to fix the problem, the halion sonic se came back

Since I've never had a problem before I'm not sure how it works, won't I have to install all the plugs again? That's hours of work... What I did now was that on the Cubase CD I found a folder called Additional Contents, and in there it had all the software that comes with Cubase such as Groove Agent, Halion etc, as msi files. So what I did was I installed Halion using the MSI file, and it worked just fine and it now appears with the right path in Cubase. Then there's another msi file called something in the lines of Halion Contents, which I guess is basically all the Halion sounds/banks, but when trying to install that one it looks for contents that are not on the CD. So, what I have now is Halion without any sounds.

Solved. I put in the Cubase DVD and for Halion there was the option to "upgrade", which means it was never installed properly. I "upgraded", and voila, it worked. Also manged to fix my other plugin problem.

Back