Cubase Army, Unite!!!

Jacobi1211

Hello all!!! hope everyone is having an awesome day!!!

Well, to preface this question: I'm running cubase sx with a firepod...

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to save your settings in Cubase SX such as number of inputs and showing the full width of the tracks so that everytime i open it up... it's already how i need it to record with my firepod. cause it's a pain in the butt to keep activating all of the inputs and everything every single time!!! haha, so if anyone knows the answer to this question I would be very appreciative!!!

Also, has anyone used the Project Studio C1's for drum overheads??? I am looking to buy 2 good mics for drum overheads, but i'm limited to about the $200 range on each mic!!! I've read reviews in EQ comparing it very closely to the AKG 414 TL-II, so I just would love to hear if any other people have any experience on the subject!!!??? thanks soooo much!!!

Jacob

No sure how to help with settings but can help with mics

Not sure how to help you with saving you settings, although I'd like to know for myself. Setting up tracks everytime you open up is a real pain.

About the mics, I just started recording with a drummer a couple of weeks ago. We used 4 Shure SM 57's which gave a really good sound. You really have to adjust the dynamics for the bass drum or it will sound punchy in playback. The 57's work for us, but you may want to try condinser mics for the overhead. Beheringer sells a "stereo-pair" which appear to have the range needed to get that crisp symbol sound you need. best of all, they're not very expensive. about $50. You can find excellent deals of 57's on ebay for around $50 each. Hope this helps.

you need to create a template. just setup everything so that it's how you would want it when starting a new project and save it as a template. the next time you open cubase, open the template and voila!

Thank you very much for the help!!! I did save the template... but i still haven't found how to open it??? prolly just me being Mr. non- Observative!!! I can never find things when i'm looking for them, and usually they are right under my nose!!! haha, THanks a lot for the help... that goes for both of you!!! it's nice to know that SOME people can reply kindly to questions without having to insult someones intelligence for not knowing. Thanks again,

Jacob

Usually when you start a new project it should pop up with a list of templates to choose from. I know it does with Cubase SX 2 anyways..

YOU ARE A GENIOUS!!! thanks so much bro!!! haha, i knew it would be something silly like that... always is!!!

muchos gracias,

jacob

Wow, you must've spent around £500 on Cubase SX but didn't bother to read the operation manual pdf that came with it! Cool!

...That's if you did spend around £500 buying Cubase SX...

Agent47 said:
...That's if you did spend around £500 buying Cubase SX...

Well, the Firepod does come with Cubase LE so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Like the others say - set up templates.

As for drum overheads, the C1 just seemed way too bright and harsh IMO - it works MUCH better as an ambient room mic. We use an AT4033 (mentioned above) in front of the kit (about 6 ft. from the floor) which works very well. We tried it as an overhead too, but it sounded MUCH better in front of the kit.

Those two mics have many other uses around the studio, but for overheads they just don't work for me. I would check out some small condensers, or an LDC with a flatter freq. response for overheads.

Good luck, Rez

Agent47 said:
Hmmm... But he does mention Cubase SX in his opening statement...

True.

I really don't know. It does seem odd that he didn't find it in the manual, but on the other hand there are alot of people here that don't seem to read manuals either.

for you detectives our there haha...I've had Cubase SX since it came out... i guess i was about in 8th grade or maybe a little older, so you can imagine i wasn't to cautious about where i left things!!! haha, as for the mic situation... Thanks a lot all of you who gave me suggestions. I have a couple Audix f15s that sound nice on the cymbals, but they just don't pic up the toms like a decent set of AKG C3000B's do. oh well... i'm poor. ( i must mention, i didn't have to buy the f15's... my drummer had them in an Audix mic set ) but I got a great bass drum sound using a total of three mics and a tunnel!!! (if anyone is curious on the mics i used or placement, feel free to ask) Thanks a lot for helping me out!!! your experienced opinions are truely appreciated!!!

also... I used an MXL 991 (that i had originally gotten in the $99 package with the 990) on the hi hat, and it really suprised me!!! it sounded pretty open and accurate.

jacob

Back