Cubase 8 Pro Edu?

GtrGtrGtr

Hi fellow recorders,, as I have been reading and learning my new venture into computer recording I have acquired what I think is plenty to get me up and running.

That said, I have a question about the Cubase I've purchased. I grabbed a Cubase 8 Pro and since my daughter is a teacher I rec'd a discount on the EDU version.

Did I make a mistake with this version? Is it a full version of Cubase 8 Pro? Should I return it or will it serve its purpose ?

Thanks again -Steve

It is the exact same full version. The only issue I believe is you cannot upgrade to say Cubase 9 at discounted price. That was my understanding with earlier versions anyway.

You could likely verify that at the Steinberg forum.

It is the exact same full version. The only issue I believe is you cannot upgrade to say Cubase 9 at discounted price. That was my understanding with earlier versions anyway.

You could likely verify that at the Steinberg forum.
I have 8 Pro EDU. This is my understanding as well.

I'm a teacher and a doctoral student. I have used my version for transcribing research interviews etc.

I wish I had time to record funny songs for my AP students to learn from. Maybe when I finish my degree...

Also, wrong forum. :)

Hi fellow recorders,, as I have been reading and learning my new venture into computer recording I have acquired what I think is plenty to get me up and running.

That said, I have a question about the Cubase I've purchased. I grabbed a Cubase 8 Pro and since my daughter is a teacher I rec'd a discount on the EDU version.

Did I make a mistake with this version? Is it a full version of Cubase 8 Pro? Should I return it or will it serve its purpose ?

Thanks again -Steve

The edu version is exactly the same , but you wont be able to move the licence to someone else (in case you would like to sell it one day)

Back