Cubase 8 Pro - DAW only reverb

Stone88

Hey there, I kind of have a annoying problem.

Cubase seems to be adding reverb to everything played through it. Whenever I play or generate any sound through Cubase it gets additional reverb from somewhere even though I am using no reverb plugins or anything whatsoever. When I record something or export audio and play it through any other program, that reverb is non-existant.
Does anyone have an idea what is causing this or how to fix this? I have looked on forums for similar issues but haven't found any so far, so any solutions or hints in the right direction are greatly appreciated!! :)

I always have the MixConsole opened up on my second screen.

EDIT: Ah yes I see, I have the Control Room Channel activated there. Solves the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply and solution! Many thanks, have a wonderful day! :)

I mean do you have the 'Control Room' active. It has separate outputs for monitor mixes where reverb could be added. You would have had to enable it and set it up to do so though.

That is the only reason I can think of that could add reverb without it being there on an exported file.

After your post I went to look for if I had activated anything that could be what you said, then I deactivated the Control Room Channel marked in the red box, problem was solved.
I don't think I made any changes in there though, but turning it off fixed the main problem so that is great! :)

Naamloos.png

Back