Cubase 7 Transport Panel / No Audio Activity during recording

seris7

Hello guys,

I pretty new to this forum but I can't say that I am a newbie to CuBase I have been using it since ver. 3 and everything worked perfectly.
Few days ago I have bought CuBase artist 7 and faced one problem that I have never seen before...

For example... I am trying to record guitar via fireface400 using GuitarRig 5. I add MONO channel in VST connections, add audio track, insert guitar rig...
I can hear clean guitar sound as soon as I connect guitar to fireface... but I see no audio activity (AUDIO IN) in Cubase 7... transport panel (AUDIO IN) stays still...
When I do press recording button, I can see CuBase recording, but I cant see audio activity (AUDIO IN) again... Also I cant hear the sound of guitar rig... normally I was pressing MONITOR button and could hear the sound.When I press play to hear the recorded file, guitar rig works well... but not during recording...

Same thing is with mic... I can hear myself... but I cant see any activity on transport panel (AUDIO IN)...

What could this be? Could You please help me?
THANK YOU!

Go through your preferences and make sure Cubase is set to build the waveform during recording. Also make sure all your DSP is setup properly in MixFX or whatever the 400 uses.

Just sounds like you have not created the input connection (VST Connections) or worse, you do not have your ASIO driver for your interface selected.

Go through your preferences and make sure Cubase is set to build the waveform during recording. Also make sure all your DSP is setup properly in MixFX or whatever the 400 uses.

Thank You for Your answer. This function was turned on right from the begining. Also all inputs/outputs in VST connections answering the connection theme in fireface 400 card.

When I activate MONITOR button I can see audio in signal but only in Audio Track's meter. Also effects like Guitar Rig are not working anyway... I can hear them only after recording smth.

Just sounds like you have not created the input connection (VST Connections) or worse, you do not have your ASIO driver for your interface selected.

VST Connections are exactly the same as inputs/outputs on my fireface 400. ASIO is correct too.

I also dont see my audio from my Korg keyboard. The Midi is present and recordable but the audio is not showing on the transport at all. routing and buses are all configured input wise to Saffire Pro 40 which is coonected to my mixer and to my computer. everything is working except the audio and its a real mystery and quite odd because it was working before i moved. Stumped

Back