Cubase 7 Elements Export Issue *Newbie*

west70

Hello,

I am trying to export the audio files for a vocal and backtrack as per instructions from a someone who will be doing the mix.
They indicated that the first project should have 5 audio files and the second one should contain 7. When I do the export, there is only one audio file per project. I will post his instructions below. One point where I had issues was in the Audio Mixdown window. The instructions mentioned clicking on the Channel Batch Export, I do not have that option on my version of Cubase. Not sure if this would have any bearing on the export generating only one audio file.
I have also attached a screen shot of my Export Audio Mixdown window and a screen of the project.

Insructions:
1. Set the Locators, they are in the timeline in cubase. If you drag one to the right it should show a blue highlighted area. Make sure it's blue and NOT red. (You could also select the longest file and press "P" on your keyboard, that should do it too).

2. Make sure non of the tracks are muted.

3. Go to File > Export > Audio Mixdown. A window will pop up. On the left side there should be "Channel Batch Export", click on that so you'd see the check mark.

4. Check all the audio files in the list. Make sure you see check marks in the little boxes next to all the audio names.

5. Choose a location to save the files. It's under "Path" on the right side, there's a small arrow that if you click on it, it should let you choose where you want to save the files.

6. Under "File Format" choose "Wave"

7. Under "Audio Engine Output", leave the "Sample Rate" and "Bit Rate" the way they are (should be either 44.1 and 16, OR 48 and 24) and make sure the 4 options next to it are NOT checked.

8. Click "Export".

Export Screen 1.gifCubase Screen 1.GIF

It may just be that 'Elements' does not have the ability to 'Batch Export'.

No biggie. You only have a few tracks.

Just create a new folder on your desktop. Solo one track at a time in cubase, and export to that folder in the format you were asked to send. You select the download folder only the first time. Then Cubase will remember the folder. You must however name each export of solo'd track yourself.

'Batch Export' (in full version of Cubase) would not include group channels and FX channels. Make sure whomever you are sending this to, does or does not want your personal FX. If you export individual 'solo'd' tracks, it will include any sends going to your master out. Also, doing it this way, make sure you have nothing inserted on your master out bus.

Then share that folder to whomever wants it. Done. :)

I hope...

I'll shoot you the Youtube link once it's finished up.
I'm hoping to figure this recording and mixing thing out on my own eventually so we don't have to send it away to someone to get done.

I'll shoot you the Youtube link once it's finished up.
I'm hoping to figure this recording and mixing thing out on my own eventually so we don't have to send it away to someone to get done.

I am here to help you man. Whatever that is worth. :)

Look forward to hearing what you created.

And Once Again Jimmy ya already answered another question for me I, Just had to look/search it up......AND THERE IT IS//////////////////////////////////////

ACK ACK....

Back