Cross Plateform External HD?

A1A2

Hi,

Is there any compatiblity issues when it comes to external HD between PCs and Macs? I am looking into getting one to use between the two plateforms and was wondering if it's even possible.

If possible, any recommendations?

Thanks,

Al

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I know that there were Macs and PCs on my old employer's network, but I never bothered to find out what file system they were formatted under or what drivers were required to permit both to access the same file system.

There is/are devices that allow USB drives to sit on an ethernet network without the intervention of a server, but once again, I cannot speak to the file system or drivers.

I suspect that you need to take this to a forum where the up-to-date computer geeks hang out.

I would suggest getting a NAS (Network attached storage) and set up a small network. With OS X you wont have any problems with cross-platform problems...but if you use something other then OS X.....you will need to Get a program called Dave.

Of course if you need to use this drive for direct access ...like recording audio on it...Network is not the way to go...(slow)

Back