Critique please

pinhedgtr

Processing
So I've got the room treated finally, but something is still missing from my recordings. The most recent recordings are "NewOne" and "Question Mark"
Please offer any suggestions for the recording so I can better myself. Thanks in advance!

Metal!

www.myspace.com/8dollarchoke

New One -
The bass guitar seems MIA.
There's a distinct lack of change or dynamic variation.
Seems to miss some sparkle.
Mtspace seems to be slow on the load today.

I listened to the first two and both seem to have too much room rumble/room sound/muddiness on my system. If you can remove that and create more space everything would have a crisper/punchier feel you're lacking right now. It may be the recording method of everything or just the bass doing that, but it shouldn't be anything EQing the individual tracks more to remove unwanted frequencies wouldn't help. I'd start with lowering the midrange around 350-500hz, and maybe rolling off the low end below 60Hz or so. Cheers.

I think that you nailed it by saying there is too much room sound/rumble in there. I've had a really hard time dialing in the kick with the bass guitar. Maybe this will help with the dynamic variation as well??? I will mess with the Bass EQ some more and see if I can't get some of that rumble cleaned up.

Thanks for listening....

B

Back