Critique on Rap

Hello,
The rap vocal isn't clear/understandable, it's mixed to far forward. It's seems you're aiming for satire based on what I can work out.
Utub isn't good for musical quality - heavily processed/compressed. Try another place to upload.

Wow...this is pretty fucked up.

One thing that needs to be done is for the repeating sample to be turned down when the rap starts. Is that Steely Dan sped up?

When the rap comes in, that's a pretty jarring transition. Change is good, but it shouldn't make the listener jump...unless you were going for that, I guess.

And yeah, the rap is completely incomprehensible...The loop is fighting with it, and it may be distorting...

And this part will just sound mean, but hearing an Australian accent in rap is going to take some getting used to. Honestly, I thought maybe it was a Vietnamese accent when I couldn't understand any of the words...then I thought maybe it was IN Vietnamese...then I heard "straight back to school" at the end and that sounded like somebody from Oz.

Disclaimer - I am a total amateur hack, and I don't listen to rap...Aussie rap may be taking over the world for all I know. But sonically, I think you could clean up your vocal by articulating a bit better and turning the loop down.

Good luck

What do you guys think in terms of delivery, flow...etc. Also I want to know how the mixing is.

Not to be cruel but I think its terrible. I cant imagine anyone would enjoy listening to this, the whole idea and production is bizzare in a bad way.

I really try to give guys going for an original sound some extra benefit, but I'm totally missing what your going for here.

Hmm..I really appreciate you guys taking your time to provide me with this...critique,comment,feedback or whatever you would like to call it. I didnt find any of it cruel, just words to help me. Thanks.

Yeah. The instrumental doesn't change in a natural way when the vocals come in. The vocal delivery doesn't really flow very naturally and it's not very audible. Keep at it, you'll get there.

I didnt find any of it cruel, just words to help me. Thanks.

Very Cool, some guys are so sensitive. Maybe you could post some ideas of what you are trying to do (what you have in your mind) and get some suggestions.

Welcome to HR.

I kinda noticed how my vocals isn't clear, i guess i was tryna match my lyrics up with the flow of the beat and went too fast or something. I was suppose to start a few seconds later in the next bar of the beat but i switched it to the start when the drums kick in... dont know why i did that.

I think i'll spend more time touching up my future stuff and see if i can post my future stuff on here to see if I'm on the right path of things...

Once again thanks for all this help and suggestions.

Back