"Crimson Rain"

frank1985

Hey guys and gals, I would appreciate some feedback on this moody little ditty. Yeah I can't sing for s**t but it was fun recording vox having predominantly recorded instrumentals till now

Last edited:
Guitars sound good. I like the way you used delay in spots.

Drums sound fine.

Keyboard part is cool - it could probably come up a db or two.

Vocals are a little buried - maybe intentionally? Honestly the performance doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Lead guitar tone is nice.

Thanks very much for the feedback TripleM. Yes I agree on the keys. I intentionally buried the vocals a bit, wanted them to sound a little 'washed out'.

Thanks very much for the feedback TripleM. Yes I agree on the keys. I intentionally buried the vocals a bit, wanted them to sound a little 'washed out'.
Aha. Using the old “washed out vocals” trick to hide your vocals. :D
Screw that! Own them. We’ve all been embarrassed by our singing or have hated our voice. No worries. Own that shit!

It’s a pretty cool tune overall. I’m hearing a bit of Tool influences??

Thanks rfr, yeah what the hell. I did enjoy laying down the vocal tracks for this.

Tool...not really an influence for this particular track...was going for more a geordie walker wall of sound type effect actually. Incidentally, I'm seeing Tool play at a festival in Norway this June... I don't listen to them a whole lot but I hear they're great live.

Back