creative recording??

chinglnc

hi all,

I need to produce a couple of different recordings for a recording competition, I'm not sure what kind of recording is more appropriate or creative, which would be able to show my skills on different aspects of recording/mixing/mic techqinues and etc .

Any suggestion??

um,..what exactly will you be recording?

rock music?

a choir?

a dog barking?

kinda help if we knew a bit more..........:cool:

yeah..THAT's MY question..

what kind of recordings should I do to be able to show different recording techniques?

should i just produce a multi-track studio recording and live classical recording??that's not too creative, innit?

hmmm,....

mabey some different foley recordings with moving mic's...........

incorporate some backing music,........

endless possibilities.

showcase the difference between a good recording,...and a crappy recording of the same piece of music,..or sound,..or dialouge.

it's actually 10 minutes showcase (could be up to 3 different recordings, or simply one recording with different aspects) , which I have to explain why I want to do this particular recording, and why it is unique.

thought of doing some recording of some rare instruments like gamelan also...hmm......

What is in my mind now, a normal pop/rock multi-track recording, a classical recording perhaps??

But i was actually thinking of recording some "ambience" sound, like birds, winds and so on ...but not so sure how to put all this together.....

any suggestion??

IMO...

A pop track
Classical track
Classical Location recording

Each one shows unique sets of skills, i.e. editing for both studio tracks, and precision on the location recording.

That's my 2 bits anyway

Back