Creative AudioHQ and WinXP - problems

Noodlehoss

Anyone had problems installing Creative AudioHQ with WindowsXP?

I've been struggling with this for a while. I'd like to utilize the features of my SB Live 5.1 (OEM - came with Dell system). I can't use soundfonts or access the card's effects without this application. I've tried reinstalling and updating drivers and even had Dell replace the card. No luck.

Any suggestions? If there is no fix, am I really missing out by not having the ability to use soundfonts and Creative's EAX technology?

:confused:

I had an Audigy2 up until last week, so used to be up on SB stuff. Try out the "compaq" Audigy drivers for the SB Live. Also, the guys at www.futuremark.com forum will help you out -- make a post about your problem under "other hardware", or search there for Audigy/SB Live driver stuff... Someone will know, because they're a bunch of gamers over there.

Jed

I been there and had the same hair pulling frustrations myself. I have the value Live card too. It only ships with the basic driver pack. You`ll need to dl the entire (I believe its a 51 meg) pack from Creative or Compaq . I used the Compaq version and have no problems now with Live and XP. Except...., with numerous dxi instruments, the card "forgets" occasionaly what channel I have something patched to and I have to reset it.

Back