Creating Drum Tracks on Cubase LE4

Centropolis

I have recently setup Cubase LE4 on my computer and was able to have to running properly to record audio tracks input from a Tascam US-122L. I now want to add drum tracks to my songs.

I don't play drums and want to create a drum track using pre-recorded loop samples by drag-and-drop into bars. I don't have a MIDI controller or keyboard.

In a store last night, someone suggested EZDrummer. But before I go and buy it, I wanted to know if this capability is something that can be have without purchasing a commercial product....just like there are a lot of free VST instruments and plug-ins out there.

So essentially, I am looking for a free version of "EZDrummer-like" product. Does it exist?

check out DrumTrack freeware http://supercoldmilk.com/drumtrack/

DrumTrack features

• GPL licensed software drum kit, source code available, meaning you can use the software without charge and edit the source to customize it as needed (please read the GPL license).
  • Allows edit and playback of a drum score using the drum sounds and patterns that you create.
  • Allows customizing your own drum kit using your own drum samples with any of the following audio formats: WAV, OGG, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, WMA. The volume and pan of each drum sample are customizable.
  • Supports realtime playback or export to WAV.
  • Scores built using re-usable patterns, allowing up to 8 patterns on one measure.
  • MIDI import and export, with limitations.
  • Adjustable volume for each drum hit.
  • Pattern previewer allows you to edit patterns while they are still playing.
  • Full Undo/Redo support
  • Use multiple audio sample to change the quality of each drum hit to give your score a more human quality.
  • Change the number of beats and divisions in each pattern to support time changes and triplets.
  • Randomize drum hits/volume to approximate human error.

Add tempo changes to your score.

Sumbersible also have a 1.3 gb version of Drumcore

http://www.drumcore.com/TemplateMain.aspx?contentId=65

This is NOT just a demo that times-out, you can really start writing music with DrumCore FREE starting NOW! We think you will love it so much you'll crave all the content found in the real DrumCore.

This is a fully working version of the DrumCore 3 AU/VSTi/RTAS plug-in. The way it differs from full DrumCore is:

DRUMKITS
FREE only includes two (2) kits vs. DrumCore which has over 100. Kits include a great rock/pop kit and a subwoofer-thumpin' hip-hop kit and a sprinkling of Latin Percussion sounds.

GROOVES
FREE only includes the Basic Beats "Rock Pop 101" GrooveSet (as both audio loops and MIDI) plus the Urban GT "HipHop Classics (1-4)" and Song Beats GrooveSets (as MIDI files) vs. the thousands of grooves in standard DrumCore.

DRUMCORE TOOLKIT
DrumCore includes the standalone application "DrumCore Toolkit" which let users add their own audio loops and drum samples to DrumCore. FREE only includes the DrumCore plug-in.

enjoy :)

Back