Create-A-Savior

Sounds good!

I'd put some compression on that snare its standing out alot and could use a fatter sound.

The cymbals are a touch loud.

The guitars in the beginning sound odd, like theres something de-tuned. Its sounds good when the vox come in, so I'm thinking its an intended effect? Contrast of some sort?

Everything else sounds good to me.

Thanks! We're going back to do 2 more tracks tonight so I'll bring up those issues to the engineer and see what he thinks. The de-tuned thing I don't hear, though.

The de-tuned thing I don't hear, though.

OK, I listened again, its not the guitar chords, its a combination of the crunchy tone and low end, theres a boofy low end on the guitars I'd roll off higher, they're clashing with the bass (or something), try taking off a little more low end on the guitars.

Good Luck!

I agree on there being a bit much cymbal.
The snare sounds OK to me though.

Otherwise, the mix sounds fine to me.

Thanks for the critique, Steve. We listened back yesterday and didn't have any gripes, but 2 comments on the cymbals is enough for me to ask him the take the overheads down a decibel or so.

The bass & guitar done't quite synch during the intro.
I can hear a "detuned'ness in the intro as well. Not bad sounding - as said sounded like an effcet that was desired.
Snare needs work.
A cycle cyclical is redundant so that part of the lyrics caught & held my attention so that I missed an lot that came after.
The solo section seems at odds with the rest of the song & the quietness/lack of crunchy guitars nakes the cymbal problem stand out.
Cool song so far.
Vocals sound like Robert Wyatt - that's a GOOD thing though.

The bass & guitar done't quite synch during the intro.
I can hear a "detuned'ness in the intro as well. Not bad sounding - as said sounded like an effcet that was desired.
Snare needs work.
A cycle cyclical is redundant so that part of the lyrics caught & held my attention so that I missed an lot that came after.
The solo section seems at odds with the rest of the song & the quietness/lack of crunchy guitars nakes the cymbal problem stand out.
Cool song so far.
Vocals sound like Robert Wyatt - that's a GOOD thing though.

Thanks, Ray. I'll look into the synching issue. Do you mean the delay/clean part or when the distortion/drums kick in? I'm definitely gonna have the overheads fixed, as it seems to be everyone's main gripe. As for the Robert Wyatt comment, I don't hear that at all.

Back