Crazy lag while using rewire, cubase studio 4 and ableton

The Flame

hey guys, I was doing a session using both ableton and cubase studio 4, and after about half an hour we had some crazy latency problems.

I was playing live drums in cubase and using sounds for my keyboard in ableton. When i put the moniotrs back on in cubase, my drums were really delayed, to point where i couldnt play.

I think it has something to do with the soundcard setups for ableton in rewire mode, because i dont have any problems with either program when played alone.

i hope thats enough information for help, for those who have had a similar problem. thanks in advance!
Josh:)

Maybe turning on ableton changes the latency settings on your sound card? Its probably not uncommon.

Go into device setup in cubase and find the ASIO driver. Drop the latency back down to a manageable level.

thats sounds like a good plan, i will give it a try. i didnt really have time to mess with it cause it happened at the end of the session anyway. The system didnt seem to be overloading either, cause i just bought a new mac book pro, which has been great in the studio. That leads me to think that your conclusion is more than likely to be right. Thanks for the help!

Back