CRASH DUMP FILE & Microsoft Visual C++ CUBASE ELEMENT 7 AND EZ DRUMMMER 2

jajsound#5

140912_0002.jpg141003_0001.jpg141003_0002.jpg

Finally pinched enough pennies to up-grade to EZD 2.

Now when I run ezd2 on cubase element 7 and try to do anything more than a simple drag n drop ( i.e. open a second track of ezd 2, or set up ezd 2 for multiple outputs ) I get a pop up window that reads
" EZD HAS CRASHED - CRASH DUMP FILE AT C:\ etc..etc..blah..blah..)

then another pop up window that reads "MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY PROGRAM: etc...etc...blah...blah...

THIS APPLICATION HAS REQUESTED THE RUN TIME TO TERMINATE IN AN UNUSUAL WAY PLEASE CONTACT THE APPLICATIONS SUPPORT TEAM.

Any help with this Please ?
jajsound67@gmail.com

I am running:
HP Compaq dc7900

Intel Core 2 Quad

4.00 GB RAM

Windows 7 Pro 32 bit

256MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT Dual-VGA

Realtek HD Audio Drivers

Cubase Element 7

Guitar Rig 5

EZDrummer 2

Izotope Ozone 5 and Nectar

Steinberg CI 1 Audio Interface

Korg nanoKEY2

Korg nanoPAD2

Sony B1000 Monitors

Furman PL-8

Last edited:
1.) You're best bet would be Toontrack Support.
2.) You may want to post this in the Drum forum....and/or Digital Audio forum.

" EZD HAS CRASHED - CRASH DUMP FILE AT C:\ etc..etc..blah..blah..)

Hi there,
What does the crash dump file say?

then another pop up window that reads "MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY PROGRAM: etc...etc...blah...blah...

Can you tpye out the etc etc blah blah, if it looks even half way relevant?
If it's literally just hex code or something don't bother. :)

Is the software compatible with your operating system and host? Have you got the most up to date version?

Those messages are so generic, really hard to figure what the hell they mean.

As stated, Toontrack, but I bet the problem lies somewhere within your computer. Some hardware/OS conflict is creating an issue. Usually when this happens the program just dumps. Then some coding engineer (not an application development guy) goes in and starts to troubleshoot. Unless Toontrack knows of an issue, probably won't get much support.

I would throw out there as a way to help yourself, in the bios, disable the Realtek audio so Windows doesn't even knows it exists. Try it again. Might not be the problem, but that would be the first place I would look. Realtek drivers are real fickled. Plus the onboard sound usually is as cheap as they can make them.

There is a known bug in EZD2, if you try to do the multi-out routing in anything other than 44.1 16-bit, it'll crash. They've released a patch that corrects this issue. Go to Toontrack's website, log in to your account, and you should be able to update EZD2 under the "my products" section.

First off : THANK YOU EVERYONE !!!!
I took three pics off my screen and added them to my original post.

As stated by Tadpui, go get the EZ patch. First thing you should try before any other troubleshooting.

Again, wanna say thanx for all your help,suggestions and replies. I have contacted Toontrack and Steinberg Support Teams and have not received any kind of assistance, So I do truly appreciate being a member of this Forum, Thank You.

I went and downloaded the updates, still crashes and get the same pop up windows.
Double checked to make sure system is running @ 44.1 16-bit, still crashes and get the same pop up windows.
I went into the bios, and disabled the Realtek audio so Windows doesn't even knows it exists, still crashes and get the same pop up windows.
I have attached some more pics of the steps I have triedStep FOUR - Then I get this screen....jpgStep ONE - EZD 2 UPDATES  I downloaded both of them.jpgStep TWO - Authorization File DOWNLOAD - bottom left hand corner.jpgStep THREE - Clicked Autorization File Download and this screen pops up  I then clicked  OK.jpg

Not sure what a ttauth file is, and i am not able to open it or download it....

My freakin head hurts, I just wanna play sum riffs with sum cool beats, Ya know that whole inspiration, when the mood hits ya, artistic flow, in the moment, the OMG ! tell me the tape was running and you got that...lol

Just did a preview of this post before i submitted it and the pics are not in order (SORRY) but they should be labeled Steps 1 - 4 with footnotes/description/captions

jajsound67@gmail.com

Hmmm...so it happens every single time? Well, first thing I'd try is a reinstall. That's what they'll tell you to do anyways if you call support so might as well get it out of the way now.

I just finished installing a free demo version of Cubase 7 and a free demo version of EZD 2 on a different computer upstairs and ran them both together and got the same pop up windows ! ! !

Wait, does Cubase Elements even allow multiple outputs from a VSTi? The full version demo of Cubase 7 requires a dongle. I am wondering if you may be trying to do something that isn't possible for your version of the software.

ACK!

Maybe you should post this question at steinberg.net forum man. I cannot really help much with versions of Cubase that are not the full version. I wish I could help more bro.

I am not sure whether this is a EZD or Cubase issue tho.

I will move this post to the Cubase forum now as the Steinberg mod Guillermo might come around and give some insight to this issue.

got a reply/email from Toontrack on the issue,

Toontrack Support (Toontrack)

Oct 09 09:50 AM

Hi J.A,

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience this has caused. Something we overlooked originally was that you are using the first update version for EZD2. Are you on a 32 bit or 64 bit PC? Please try our advice below.

Please use the 64 bit version of EZdrummer 2.0.2 and Cubase 7.

Please ensure you have updated to the latest 64 bit version of Cubase 7.

Please then download and install the EZdrummer 2.0.2 update. This update is located in My Products > EZdrummer 2 > updates.

Once downloaded and extracted please run the 64 but installer.

When you run the 64 bit installer please take note of where the installer is installing the VST plugin on your computer. The default location is C:/ProgramFiles/VstPlugins/Toontrack/64bit.

It is extremely important that you do not move or alter the plugin or folders once installed.

Please then restart after the installation.

IF EZD2 standalone works okay then we can be sure the Toontrack software installed just fine. Cubase and the standalone use the VST plugin information.

Once you have restarted please launch Cubase and use the plugin manager to set the path to the location of the 64 bit EZdrummer .dll file.

The location of the .dll file can be verified by launching EZD2 standalone 64 bit > help > show plugin path.

In cubase this is done by clicking Devices > Plugin information > VST2plugin paths > Add path to C:/ProgramFiles/VstPlugins/Toontrack/64bit. (or where you chose to install it).

You will then be able to use EZdrummer 2 in Cubase from the VST inst

Best Regards,
Toontrack Music
Toontrack – products for songwriters, musicians and producers.

Back