Crackling Audio!

isaak

I have a motu 2408mk3 connected to my Asus P4 Computer which also has a soundblaster platinum card. I have all sound configured to play out of the 2408 only I am getting crackling sounds in the audio when playing cd's etc. I have turned off the mapping on the soundblaster properties and I am at a loss as to what is causing it. Has anyone had a similar experience?? If so, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Try disabling the SB.
Also check buffer settings and latency settings.
Are you using the SB for CD playback ?
Check for conflicts in: Accesories> system tools>system information>conflicts>

I have the cd audio in windows configured to play out through the motu 2408mkIII (no actual cabling) internally out through the main outs on the motu. I thought I had disabled the SB for audio by turning of the mapping on its driver for audio?? Where else can i disable it and where are the buffer and latency settings?? thanks for helping!

isaak said:
I have a motu 2408mk3 connected to my Asus P4 Computer which also has a soundblaster platinum card. I have all sound configured to play out of the 2408 only I am getting crackling sounds in the audio when playing cd's etc. I have turned off the mapping on the soundblaster properties and I am at a loss as to what is causing it. Has anyone had a similar experience?? If so, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Enable full Wave support for legacy (MME) software on the Motu controll pannel, sample rate 44100, clock source PCI-424: Internal

Good luck
Henry

If you want to disable the SB, go to device manager and open up the cards properties and disable from there. Better yet, if your not going to use the SB...pull it, unless its onboard audio ?

BTW. ASIO drivers from Motu work great
MME support is not so good
I've had the same problem with the 2408. I allready tried to disable/disconect the SB but it makes no difference. I now use th SB to play my CD's and plops and crackles are gone.

Cheers
Henry

Back