cover of a classic: Bad Moon Rising - it's different

seriously guys?

i've already explained that these are new versions, for a re-release...... album has been out of print for 10 years,
most people here have never heard it,
i post new stuff all the time,
i just don't get it.

just don't reply.
let other people who have never heard it, hear it for the first time without the taste of a turd in the punch bowl.

---------- Update ----------

you guys are like the old curmudgeons at the end of the street,
who yells at any kid that comes by to 'get out of my yard'.
:confused:

again, for folks who are distracted by these two killjoys.......'

these are new mixes.

with mostly new tracks, guitars, bass, vox....

This is dope. Maybe the original is influencing me, but I'd almost like to hear more reverb or delay on the vocal and the solo guitar lines.

This is dope. Maybe the original is influencing me, but I'd almost like to hear more reverb or delay on the vocal and the solo guitar lines.

alright grn!
glad you dig this one,
thanks for listening and commenting.

yep, the original has a sound DNA in it, pretty strong....
my version really wanted to do something different with it,
i kept things sounding a bit more modern.

Good performances as always. Way too compressed, hyped, limited and boosted for the genre. The acoustic guitars especially seem unnaturally close and loud, and not just those. It's a claustrophobic mix. Get some breathing room in there.

Good performances as always. Way too compressed, hyped, limited and boosted for the genre. The acoustic guitars especially seem unnaturally close and loud, and not just those. It's a claustrophobic mix. Get some breathing room in there.
hey robus,
interesting that you are hearing so much 'compression', there is very little of it on the mixing stage...
lots of individual track compression, but at very light levels, 2db max on the 2-buss compression, and that's at 1.25 to 1, very little eq.... just very clean and well gained captures, mixed nice and hot.
it's a bats brew sound for sure.. not a folk song kind of mix.
could be soundcloud streaming is messing with it as well.... i never have like the sound of their streaming.

I like it.
hey rfr,
thanks for listening,
glad you like it!

Back