Cover me fellas...Im going back in!!!

Bassman

Back into playing Bass live that is.........

Looks like I am joining a local cover band, and i need some sugestions on Bass amps. I used to play with a Peavey mark 6 Head, with a 4X10 EV bottom. Problem is, I no longer have a hatchback to get it there. Can anybody suggest a good gig amp for small to medium size clubs/bars? Oh and it has to fit in the backseat or trunk.

Thanks...

bassman

My bass player bought a Gallien-Kruger that has 2 10's with an adjustable horn on it. Really nice, easy to shape bass tone. He likes it and so do I. It tilts back, too for easy monitoring.

H2H

I like the Hartke kickbacks, really great power to size ratio and a nice tight, punchy tone. It might not be what you are looking for but you should try one out.

Bassman,

I am assuming with your size limitations that your will only need stage monitor volumr levels...if so I have heard good stuff about the Hartke kickbacks. I have used the SWR combo the "Working Man's" 12 with a single 12" at my church with excellent results.

The SWR "Readhead" combo is pricy but has much more power, 2-12", an extra rackspace for gear and an ingenious hard cover that goes over the the speaker grille when transporting and folds down for an amp stand that lets you angle the cabiniet toward your ears.

Roland also has a new combo out that got excellent reviews in Bassplayer for lots of butt shakin bottom from a small package.

Scooter B

You may wanna check out E-bay for a little insight on what used equipment has been bringing,I have the musical equipment pages on my explorer favorite list, and look at whats there every once in a while....

Just a suggestion, could save you a few $$$ if you can live with 'Used' gear. Currently several Bass rigs going for not a lot of dough,.....!!!

Check your local paper for Auctions as well, you never know, you may just luck out on something, like I recently did for the Eastcoasters jamfest. Picked up an older 'Univox' 50 watt for $40.

It may not be what you are looking for, but I mention it for an example...of what you may find at an auction...

Good hunting...!!!
:cool:

Upstate

Back