Cover....... Highway to Hell

LemonTree said:
Hey Dawg,

mix sounds great for a demo. Personaly I think your vox are spot on but the clipped D of "Don't need ryme" is just lazyness...you've got the gear to get it right.

Two thumbs up

Lemon

Yep, I need to fix that somehow.

Cool...

To me the mix is just a touch dry but I think it's because of the drums. I would soften it up with a very light verb. I too think the drums are a little processed sounding. Could be me but the kick/punch sounds clipped...is it just me?

I would have the urge to EQ the guitar just a bit, in the AC/DC stuff, the lead really needs to come out a little and in this case, I would put just a little more mid and high into it.

The performance was great, the vocals are right on, and so is the guitar. Nice work!

The first thing that jumped out at me was the dryness of the drums. They sound very well recorded, but I think they can benefit from a long reverb on the snare at least. The mix itself is quite good. The bass tone is killer; very round. Great guitar tone. Great fucking job.

ACDC flashback-
front row, Bon Scott....plastic glass full of whiskey....

he spit it on us, then handed the glass around...everyone yelled "YEEEAHAAAHAHHHH" and drank the remaining whiskey.

I didn't get any, but I did get spit on. thats my claim to fame.

great,great time. good job, I thought the guitar sounded really close...that high volume compression like the old Jensen speakers did.

I've seen them twice...way back in the 80's. I got the cheap seats...couldn't get anyone to spit on me :(

Back