Couple new songs after 2 year hiatus

Fat_Satchel

I suffer Narcoleptic Rage
Hey all

been a couple years since Ive recorded anything. Two new songs at the top of the list...

One's titled "Sometimes" and the other is "Never gonna let you go"

I know the mixes aren't great [it is NOT like riding a bike hehehe] so Im just curious about the writing/production...a few people round here say its a bit different than stuff from before...I dunno...all seems the same in my head :)

Let me know what you think...feel free to comment on the other songs here too..

http://www.musicv2.com/artist/lemmingscream

Thanks for the input!

LS

Hi LS,

Sometimes -- A little monotonous with never varying from the same chord progression, but that could be just my old self talking-- lots of newer stuff is that way. I like feel of the transition from all acoustic to acoustic+electric, but would like to hear some simple background solo guitar mixed in earlier between and after vocal lines, perhaps as a build up to the big entry of the electric power chords. You would need to differentiate the big solo by using then a fatter sounding guitar effect.

Never... -- Hmmmm ... I see you like mixing acoustic and acoustic+electric. (Really like the use of the sus4 during the part where the bass drum comes leading up to the transition.) Same comments as before on adding some simple solo guitar behind some of the all acoustic rhythm parts -- except you never got around to an electric solo at all here. I'd extend acoustic+electric interlude #1 with a big electric solo, and then let the electric guitar part extend on (in simpler fashion) afterward as coloring in acoustic only part #2. Totally unrelated comment - vocal could be mixed louder throughout this one.

Just my 2. The songs themselves are quite nice as is.

Tom

I listened to Sometimes....

I like the background vocals that slip in behind the main vocal with the "Sometimes". That pretty unique.

I would retrack the lead break, it's a bit offf or out of tune in spots....

If I were to suggest anything....it would be to pick up the scream level of the vocals in the heavy part - really kick it up a notch. The two parts you have now are very good but it seems to need to go one step further.

:D:):D:)

It may just be me.....

....but I listened to both songs and I like the parts but not the whole. I agree with ido1957 that the solo is flat like pee on a plate :D but that is easily fixed with a punch in or (Gasp!) autotune.

As to the balance your vox seems to have to share the same freq's as the rhythm guitar. This is especially true in the first part of 'Sometimes'. Perhaps try capoing the rhythm up four or five frets so it sits in the mix better or roll off a bit of the bass in the middle. As I said, I REALLY like the vox and I REALLY like the rhythm guitar but they don't seem to share the same speaker space very well.

Both songs are nice efforts and and great tunes and it's good to have you back. It probably feels good to be recording again. ;) Keep it up.

Back