Country Rock track

participant

Shameless. Better to ask forgiveness later than permission first

Vocals sung by Al Carmichael (crawdad)
All music, mixing, etc by Yours Truly
Art by Kevin Cross
Mastering by John Scrip

A song about Chris Harris and no mention of his "Trumps tweets" thread at A&A?
Lolloma
It's a funny song. As far as the mix goes....I think the bass is too loud. The bass sound really good but the mix is bass heavy to my ears. I think everything else is blended well and sounding good.
Cool song for sure!

I agree about the bass being too loud. More generally you have too many sounds crowding the center of your mix, competing to be heard and stepping on the vocal. Turn the supporting parts down and pan them out wider.

Thanks for the feedback everybody. Bass may sound loud on some systems; the song seems too trebly on a cell phone. It's a game of balance.

If this is already mastered, why is it in the MP3 clinic?

Is it not a good idea to get mix feedback after a master? I think that's probably a good time to get feedback :)

Fun song.

How are Chris and Al doing? I miss those guys. I haven't thought about them in a long time. Good guys, both of them.

Fun song.

How are Chris and Al doing? I miss those guys. I haven't thought about them in a long time. Good guys, both of them.

Thanks Trip. Chris is on Facebook and posts regularly. Al is also there, but doesn't post as regularly. Both seem to be doing pretty well.
If you're on FB and want to connect, LMK. I'll PM ya. Join the club! We have a Dragon Cave group there... several people from the early 2000s in there.

Back