Cost per hour of the average studio

Michael Jones said:
Like I said, you want help. Fine. Ask for it. But your "pie-in-the-sky" business plan is a total flake!
Agreed!

Michael - give Tyler a break... you know - all that "math 'n shit" is really hard!! Besides - he just wants be "in the business" - who needs math for that???????? :p ;)

Tyler - stop being such a fuckin' dipshit again......... :rolleyes:

Michael Jones said:
By your own admission, you expect to bring in $118,300
Your 3 employees salaries alone total $144,000!

And that's just the part of the salary that is paid to the employee! What about the employer's share of FICA? In many states (ALL?) - state disability insurance? Health/dental/life insurance? (57K a year employees expect that) 401(k) plan?

And even if you lease your facility, count on a heavy duty set of insurance policies -- both liability (oops! I slipped!!) and damage and theft (you'd be amazed what can walk away after a late night session!).

-lee-

Blue Bear Sound said:
Agreed!

Michael - give Tyler a break... you know - all that "math 'n shit" is really hard!! Besides - he just wants be "in the business" - who needs math for that???????? :p ;)

Tyler - stop being such a fuckin' dipshit again......... :rolleyes:
**sigh**
Man. I know Blue. It just kinda irks me when someone with no background, experience and knowledge thinks that they can run a business. Any business, let alone a recording business, which is 10 times harder because you are TOTALLY dependent on local economies, and your clientel are musicians that generally don't have much money to begin with. So, as you know, you have to price your services accordingly. But Tyler seems to think he can book 60 hours a week at $65 an hour and clear $385,000!
Talk about voodoo economics!

Tyler's approach: Look, see this $100 bill? Watch closely now....

RIP !!!! Now its 2 $100 bills!!!

Michael Jones said:
It just kinda irks me when someone with no background, experience and knowledge thinks that they can run a business. Any business...
Yeah - but 15-year olds can do ANYTHING.... all that spontaneous burst of "knowledge" that seems to suddenly occur......... makes them geniuses or something! :rolleyes:

In any case - he can't argue with you any more tonight -- it's past his bedtime!!!!! :p

:D :D

Maybe ya'll missed the beer and blunts vending machines in the lobby... 100k easy...

I peeped Blue Bears logo myself... Nice...

Blue Bear Sound said:
Yeah - but 15-year olds can do ANYTHING.... all that spontaneous burst of "knowledge" that seems to suddenly occur......... makes them geniuses or something! :rolleyes:
:D :D

haha you'd be surprised. i bet my IQ is double yours. 176. what about you?

ok im gonna stop being a dipshit now cuz it obviously isnt getting me anywhere. wow i typed that all with one hand.

Gotta say I love watching MJ doing his math!!

Wish my accounting teacher was half as good as you when I took accounting 101!!

Al

tyler657recpro said:
haha you'd be surprised. i bet my IQ is double yours. 176. what about you?

ok im gonna stop being a dipshit now cuz it obviously isnt getting me anywhere. wow i typed that all with one hand.

Eye bet I-en-st-I-en Neva Used comp tok ;)

tyler657recpro said:
i bet my IQ is double yours. 176. what about you?
Don't know - don't care...

Whatever my IQ is - I must be smarter than you because Michael's post is clearly understandable, and yet YOU appear to be the only one that doesn't get it....

I seriously doubt your number anyways - in practical terms the IQ scale doesn't extend too far beyond 67-130.... below 67 indicates mental retardation, and above 130 indicates someone having intelligence beyond 97.5% of the population. Given some of your posts, I'd be inclined to think you added a "1" to your actual number..... :rolleyes:

Give it up, young'un - you've got a lot of learning yet to do........

Last edited:
Blue Bear Sound said:
Don't know - don't care...

Whatever my IQ is - I must be smarter than you because Michael's post is clearly understandable, and yet YOU appear to be the only one that doesn't get it....

I seriously doubt your number anyways - in practical terms the IQ scale doesn't extend too far beyond 67-130.... below 67 indicates mental retardation, and above 130 indicates someone having intelligence beyond 97.5% of the population. Given some of your posts, I'd be inclined to think you added a "1" to your actual number..... :rolleyes:

Give it up, young'un - you've got a lot of learning yet to do........

actually 67 is like hollywood people. around 40 is retarded. it extends way above 200 so i dont know what you're talkin about. and all the classes im taking in school require an iq of 140 or higher so yeah.

as far as everything else goes, even if i were right, you guys would find something wrong with it. so im not even gonna try anymore. FUCKING LIBERALS

oh by the way...oh fuck it...why do i even try?

tyler657recpro said:

as far as everything else goes, even if i were right, you guys would find something wrong with it.
Well, that's pretty much an admission that you're wrong. Glad to see that you're comming to grips with reality.

so im not even gonna try anymore. FUCKING LIBERALS
What does political affiliation have to do with the fact that your numbers were all screwed up and your "plan" was a flake?
oh by the way...oh fuck it...why do i even try?
This is like shooting fish in a barrel. Kind of fun at first, but not much sport in it so it gets old quick. I'm through with you for now Tyler. If you ever decide you want help from experienced people that actually know what they're doing, don't be afraid to ask.

Unless this kid is some type of prodigy, or his parents are rich he will most likely end up at Burger King at best. He'll figure it out in a couple of years when he knocks up his girlfriend and has to get married or pay child support. Oh, I took that stupid test after drinkin a 12 of Bud and I got a 157. Guess that makes me pretty smart eh!

HangDawg said:
Unless this kid is some type of prodigy, or his parents are rich he will most likely end up at Burger King at best...
I dunno dawg, don't you have to posses enough math skills to be able to make change from a dollar? I'm not sure tyler's there yet.

Tyler, take this from another teen; SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!

Stop being a smart arse.

By the way where are you getting this money anyway???:confused:

How do you dare think your more experienced and can outdo something who is older than you and has experiened so much in this industry like Michael has??

Believe me buddy I'm only 16 and I know I have LOTS to learn about recording.

If you ever stopped being a 'know it all' and actually listened to some of these more experienced guys who know what they are talking about, then maybe you could benefit and people would maybe start liking you.

ok im gonna stop being a dipshit now cuz it obviously isnt getting me anywhere

Tell us something we don't know:D

Tukkis

Last edited:
ok lemme start over. basically, i've figured out all the money i'd need to spend down to the most minute detail on this studio. apparently that comes to $229400 a year and regardless of how many hours a month i book, i will need to make $374400 a year to make it work. if i find that the market cannot support that, then i will not do it. i'm sorry i really haven't said it very well. but that's it. as i said, im still in the early stages of this thing.

Back