Corroboration option?

borishar

Hi guys,

Is any of the softwares (logic, cubase, etc) that allows corroboration similar to google docs? I am looking to have a couple of friends of mine to have access to the same track so we can all work together and make changes in real time without having to send the file to each other every time we make a change? Something similar to google docks where one can see people remotely typing and making changes.

Appreciate the reply, but did you really just copy and past a google search link with search results for “online music corroboration”? 🤪

I think Bandlab is set up for collaboration. I've never used it but its a cloud based system. You need to download the Bandlab Assistant for use on PC or Mac.

Cakewalk by Bandlab is the standalone DAW. It doesn't look like it has collaboration abilities like Bandlab itself has.

Depending on how big your projects are, you could use Reaper and Zip the entire project folder, then upload it to a Google drive. From there, others could download it, add parts and update the file on the G Drive. It probably wouldn't work great for projects with lots of tracks at high sample rates because of the time to upload.

Last edited:
As long as you are all using the same software, you really only need to share new tracks and the project file. Only one person at a time should make changes.

I have two studios about a mile apart - one is mainly audio and the other video, but I spend time at both. I bought a Synology NAS drive, initially just so the two computers in the music studio could share files and it works seamlessly, but I discovered I could extend it to the other studio too. I leave the computers on and everything that works in the audio space appears on the others. So I can do audio editing, drive to the video studio and load up those files. I save the cubase files, video files and everything now on the NAS. It takes a while to first sync, but you just end up with everything looking like a common drive, which it is, just with local mirroring. As long as I have the same VSTs on the systems it works. You get the occasional snag like a reverb plugin that is ONLY on one computer, but all the common stuff I have now de-snagged. Works so simply - plus you get the benefits of error protection against hard drive failures. For collaboration my friend works from his house at the same time as his colleague. They do need to coordinate though - two people working on the same file can really mess things up! He just texts - file XXX needs the bass part please. An hour later, file XXX has bass, can you fix the mistake in bar 23? It works just as well for two people as just me. You MUST though, develop a numbering and file naming system because you need some kind of incremental tracking of what is what. The technology works great and they're not even expensive. I recently spent 10 weeks working from Northern Ireland - access to all my files was so handy.

Back