Copying effect settings from one track to another

BibleMan

I have found a reverb setting (from Sound Forge's set) that I love using in Sonar.

I have many songs with 7-8 vocal tracks each. When I set the parameters I like in the first vocal track, is there an easy way to copy just that to the other tracks?

Thanks.

:cool:

-BM

hold down the shift key then left-click over the effect and drag it to the other track. Sonar wil copy the effect to the track you drop it on.

if shift doesn't work, then it's CTRL and left-click and drag.

crosstudio said:
hold down the shift key then left-click over the effect and drag it to the other track. Sonar wil copy the effect to the track you drop it on.

if shift doesn't work, then it's CTRL and left-click and drag.
Good one, crossstudio! I wasn't aware of that trick. (BTW, it's the control key. The shift key "moves" the effect, rather than copies it.)

...Jees, I never mention this. I always use the shift, and didn't work, so I guess there's no way I could do this. Now I can do that also. Thank's for the trick crossstudio...

;)
Jaymz

Guys, thanks so much for this one - especially you, Crosstudio.

This one is HUGE and will save me gobs of time.

:D

-BM

i put the processors on the virtual main that all the vocals are on. Saves on processing power and u can still change the settings to your desire

hey teacher,

i remember you suggesting that a couple of months ago and i tried it on my background vocals and liked it. especially since i can still use a volume envelope on the back vocal main to make adjustments. the only drawback is that i can't make FX level modifications like bringing a delay in and out. since back vocals mostly just sit in the background that drawback doesn't happen often.

thanks teacher.

I've been having the opposite problem but re: the Cakewalk synth sounds. If I change 1 track to vibraphone for example then all other tracks change to vibraphone as well. Any suggestions (other than why the heck would I use vibraphone anyway)?

...hehehe, you must pick a wrong thread. Anyway, are you sure you set different MIDI channel for each track ?

Back