Cool Edit Pro Recording Advice!

clearday75

I have been working with Cool Edit Pro for about 1 month now. I have learned alot about its workings, yet I can't hear my vocals during recording. I am hoping that someone who has used this software before can help me. I am very new to the whole recording process. I want to make sure that if I buy an audio-interface or a mixer, with a plugged microphone, that it will work, and that I will be able to hear myself while I am recording. At the moment, I am using an AT2020 USB mic with the software, and I am using the one headphone on / one off method to record. It is messing with my timing when I sing, so I need to do something about it.

Thanks to any expert(s) who can help.

First, make sure you have the proper gear and your settings are right. For a start, as long as you are not recording using onboard soundcard and you will be fine. Try doing an acoustic recording with vocals, I have some illustration in this page and maybe it can help. It uses Adobe Audition and its written primarily for beginners. You can search that blog for more details about using Adobe audition such as multi-track settings, etc.

Back