Cool Edit Pro 2 Help - Moving Waveforms

kaaliz

Hi, I’m having a problem when I move the waveform's position (using Wave Block Properties...).

The wave moves but the recorded sound doesn’t. So if I move the wave two seconds to the left, the sound lags two seconds behind UNTIL I save and close the session then reopen it. When I do this the sound has moved to the same position as the wave.

Surely there must be an easier way to do this than closing every time I make an adjustment.

BTW, my computer isn’t just ‘too slow’ to keep up. It’s brand new; quad core processor, Win 7 64 bit, 2Tb hard drive.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Thanks fo replying bouldersoundguy.

Wow, is CEP2 really that old? A friend recommended it to me because it was easy to use.
I tried emailing the support from the drop down Help menu but no reply yet. If CEP2 is that old there's probably no one checking it anymore. That's why I hoped someone on here might have some ideas.

It was a trick reply. Syntrillium was purchased by Adobe years ago. Most copies of CEP2 out there now are cracks. There is no product support and it's probable that it simply won't work properly on a modern 64 bit OS.

Ah. Gotcha.

Any suggestions for some decent and affordable software that will run on my machine?

I just want to lay down some songs in my spare time. This isn't my job so I can't afford to spend big money on it.

The guy who got me CEP2 said any guitarist could figure out how to use it - that's the kind of simplicity I'm after. :-)

CEP2 was pretty full featured. I wouldn't call it simple. If you can figure it out you should be able to figure out most programs. The best affordable option for recording software right now is Reaper. It's about $60 and does pretty much anything you will need it to do. The demo is fully functional and only has a nag screen at startup.

^^^ What bouldersoundguy said. Make life easy for yourself. Give up trying to use an outdated and unsupported product that someone gave you. Get your own current version of Reaper and enjoy full product support, heaps of help forums (and also expertise here). There is a free, uncrippled trial period, and it is ridiculously cheap to buy. It's worth going down this path if you take your music seriously.

Bear in mind that all reasonable audio programs are going to involve a learning curve. Sadly, experience and expertise don't come without effort. But again, if you take your music seriously, it's worth that effort.

Back