Cool Edit file display question...

shakeheap

I have been using Cool Edit for years. On this particular PC for a year and a half. I use it daily, all day. I have literally opened thousands and thousands of files on this machine. But I share the PC with co-workers.

I'm assuming someone fiddled with some setting somewhere because all of a sudden when I go to open a soundfile they are displayed in chronological order as opposed to alphabetical... the way they've always been. It's driving me crazy as I cannot find anything in the folder without, everytime, going to "Arrange icons by" and then clicking name.

Anyone have any idea how I can get this back to where it needs to be and regain a bit of my sanity? I will be most grateful.

After you set the arrangement to alphabetical, you should be able to select a file option..."Save Current Workspace as Default." This overwrites the default (daily start-up) settings to the current.

I am not sure about Cool Edit, but you can do that in Adobe Audition.

(C.E. is an antique version that not many people use anymore. Perhaps it is time to move into the twenty-first century with the rest of us.) :D

I found a strange method on a gamer site which involves opening the Windows explorer and then using a strange combo of keystrokes then closing the Explorer while holding down the CTRL key. Oddly enough it worked perfectly.

As to joining you in Century 21... I'm here with you. But I will not be using Adobe Audition.

In my humble opinion CEP 2.0 is a perfect piece of software. It does everything I need it to do in my daily travails in a top 5 radio market. It wasn't "broke" but Adobe bought it and decided to "fix" it anyway. :mad: They decided they were going to bloat this piece of art with unnecessary and uneeded "features" in order to justify charging for updated versions. Meanwhile I have all I need with CEP. Thanks but I'll stick with that even if I do have to turn to the gamers for answers. Cheers! :drunk:

Back