converting wav files ???

grahamjack

i now have a few songs in wav format and need to burn them onto cd to free up my hd and also to play on a normal cd player. How do i do this - which software??

thanks

graham

Do you already have a CD burner? If not, you need that hardware for sure, and make sure you get one that is compatible to normal playback formats....if you already have a burner, then download recording software demos (Cool Edit I think still has a demo)or buy the stuff...there's lots out there...check out the forums listing such here(User Forums...n-track, Cool Edit, Sound Forge, etc.....)...You'll have fun...gibs

A couple of other good software packages for doing this are Adaptec Easy CD Creator and MusicMatch Jukebox. You might also check to see whether any such software was provided with your CD-R drive.

I've been using Adaptec Easy CD creator for a while now and have never had any problem with burning audio and video files with it. It's a pretty stable software. Try it out.

stratman

Hmmmm ... If you have Adaptec EasyCD and a burner, you don't need to do any conversion if the wave files are 16-bit/stereo/44.1Khz.
You can drag them into your CD window and print. That's it. Most CD-burners come with the Adaptec software, anyway.

If you wave files are on a different format, then you'll need software that does that kind of conversion. SoundForge and CoolEdit are my faves, but there are MAMY more options out there (see above posts ... lol)

Back