Control volume in headphones

Jomusak

Hi folks hoping to record a singer on Tuesday. I'm not very experienced. I'm using a zoom R16 and Reaper. Can anyone tell me how to control the volume in the headphones only (not the input).
Thanks so much.
J

Do you mean the headphone volume to the singer i.e. foldback?
If so you will definitely need to give them closed back phones.

Dave.

When in record mode in the R16 and 24, the channel fader, master and headphone volume knob do not affect the record level. That is set with the input gain knob only. Set the gain for the proper input level, then adjust the faders to give the proper balance (if you are syncing to other tracks, prerecorded or live), set the master and headphone volume level to get adequate level in the singer's headphones.

I have another question re the Zoom R 16...
I would like to use the effects built into the zoom but only the dry signal is registering in Reaper... Any ideas what I should do?

Page 47 of the manual. Certain effect can be used as inserts which get recorded as it is applied. Mastering effects can only be used in mixdown. The problem is that once imprinted with the effect, you can't go back. If you don't like it, tough.

I record dry and always add any effects in Reaper.

One thing you might try it so record dry, apply the effect in the R16, then bounce the track to a different track. I THINK it will apply the effect.

The R16 has a PHONES volume knob on the rear panel, right next to the PHONES jack.

+1 re REAPER

~dk
Yes....this is correct. And as well...and important......be sure to adjust the dark grey knob on the far right end of the pre-amp volumes. It controls the volume and balance between your headphones and DAW and monitors. Play around with it and you'll see.

2 cents.....

Mick

Back