control surface question

pcp

whats up fam its been awhile ive been through a move and im working 50 hours a week now so i havent had a lot of time to be on here in a while. Anyway, all this money from my new job is burning a hole in my pocket, exactly what it is intended to do. Ive been assessing my needs in the studio and im really looking hard into getting a control surface, mixer, DAW, whatever you want to call it. ive narrowed it down to three: the yahama 01x, the MCU(Mackie), and the ProjectMix. Ive been doing the research and all three seem to be pretty good products and have got nothing but good reviews from what ive seen, so basically im just looking for the best deal on whichever one i can get, but basically i just have a few questions:
-are any of my fellow hip-hop heads using any of these right now. if so, any advice or suggestions?
-what is the price i should settle for? keep in mind im just looking for the best deal i can find. i dont mind buying used, open box, whatever. on the same note, does anyone know of someone trying to get rid of one of these three, or where the best place to look would be?
-lastly, and most importantly, is the connectivity issue. I know the ProjectMix is Firewire, but are all three? I would imagine that is the best way to connect it to a PC anyway, but the problem is i dont have a firewire card. I read somewhere else in this forum that you cant install a firewire port in a PC. Is this true? man i hope not or else i really screwed myself over when i built my computer in the first place. hopefully i just misread or the guy didnt know what he was talking about.

anyway, hopefully some people take the time to read over my long ass post and give me some help. thanks for your time.

i cant tell you anything much about the three DAWS (although i am getting a projectmix)

but i can tell you that you definately can add a firewire port in your pc, i did it myself. slots into a pci

good luck with your purchase :D

Back