Control Room in an Ambulance?

Garak

My friend has has an old Ambulance that we use to haul around PA gear and we are thinking about doing some location recording and using the "Bandbulance" as a control room.

So what can we do to get the best sound for montioring, we won't be mixing back there, just checking mic placement and making sure there is no noise/hums/distortion on the feed to the soundcards/HDR.

I'm thinking the best way to go would be to put montiors pointing at the bench on the side. Or would it be best to go length wise and have the montiors facing the rear doors.

I'm going to try and deaden the back with some bed egg foam. I can't afford nor do I have the time to get real accustic foam. I don't think I'll run into any low end problems, the back of the bandbulance is not very boxy, but its hard to predict.

Anyway its better than the cube van or the the 3 ton truck. Its not a box and it has built in electic heat, which is important here in the Winter.

I'll do up a few sketches and post them here in a few.

I'd have the speakers facing the rear doors as you suggested. Then you can open the doors and have an infinite bass trap :):)

cheers
JOhn

Call Jesse James from West Coast Choppers.A.K.A Monster Garage ,I'm sure he'd have a ball with building a "Bandbulance":D

Back