contact fostex on broken buttons issue

pjh6467

I decided to get the ball rolling and emailed product support at the fostex usa site. Hope you all with bad buttons jump on board. Maybe they'll come in here and try and justify charging a third of the cost of the machine for one plastic button. Pj

right on

mine are still ok but as many complaints as I'm seeing, it seems like there must me a design flaw or some reason why these keep breaking. Fostex should take a look at these posts. They should offer some replacement parts for these units and stop protecting their authorized service centers and their rediculous prices. A satisfied customer is a repeat customer and good advertisement.

buttones

please be gentle with these , they take very little pressure to work and little more to break (still crossing my fingers) mine was under warrenty when it happened , so far so good, been a year and a alf now...

pjh6467 said:
I decided to get the ball rolling and emailed product support at the fostex usa site. Hope you all with bad buttons jump on board. Maybe they'll come in here and try and justify charging a third of the cost of the machine for one plastic button. Pj

Have you received any response at all from Fostex? As far as I know, they've gone out of business ... at least here in America. I had my VF-08 in their service department for repairs, and when I contacted them to have it shipped back to me, I found their telephone "was no longer in service"! All of my efforts to find out what happened have gone nowhere. I'd sure like to know where my machine ended up.

Anybody know anything more than I do? :mad:

man that sucks, I never heard anything about them breaking up!

on another note,

HEY FOSTEX, WHATS THE DEAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

cellardweller said:
Geesh, how long has your VF-08 been in their service department?

Pardon me, but I don't understand the meaning of your question. For what it's worth, I sent it in for repairs about a year ago. When I was informed by the service manager that it would cost me $150 - (on a machine that was only a little over a year old), I told him that I'd have to save up to pay for it since I'm a disabled senior living on Social Security with no other source of income. He stated that he would accomodate me and hold the machine there until I was able to pay for it.

It was in June that I called to let them know that I was now able to pay the repair bill and found that their telephone was "no longer in service". I've been unable to find out anything more than that, but one would assume that it means that they've "gone out of business" ... at least here in the USA.

If anyone knows anything differently, I'd sure enjoy hearing from you about this very distressful situation. I'm more than slightly pissed off to put it mildly, since I received no warning whatsoever that anything like this was about to happen!

woodman

Fostex

I never heard anything back from Fostex support when I first posted and have seen no response from them in the Fostex forums where it has been addressed also. I'm not sure about Fostex USA being out of business. Maybe woodman could try the Fostex site to find his recorder. But in the mean time----Be gentle on those buttons. Pj

woodman said:
Pardon me, but I don't understand the meaning of your question.

woodman

Only pure disgust at their having taken so long to fix and/or return your unit...
No disrespect was meant.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, I was misinformed that they responded to their consumer complaints.

So,.............................. WTF FOSTEX!!!!!

You are losing an avid fan!!!

Back