Connections

Jack Simpson

I have a Behringer Mx602 6-channel mixer and an MF-P01 Tascam 4-Track recorder. The four track just has a line/mic input. The mixer has Left and Right main outs, a heaphone out, and an rca output. Right now I am using the phones output and a balanced cable to plug it in. Is this connection okay?

Going from the mixer to the 4-track, I would expect the sound from the main outs to be better than from the headphone socket. I would guess that the signal from the headphone out is weaker.

You don't want to use the headphone output to drive the line ins. No harm, it'll just be noisier than a line out from the mixer. I don't believe the little Behringers have channel inserts so you're probably going to have to use the mains left/right output.

Is the problem that your recorder has only one input? If this is the case, just use one of the main outs (left, for example) and pan everything that way. If it has two or more inputs, then use the main stereo outputs on your board to two line inputs in the recorder.

Back