Connecting preamp to profire 610

phatracer3

I have a m-audio profire 610 interface, and i am going to buy a seperate preamp which will sound better than the stock preamps that come in the m-audio profire 610, and i was wondering as to how to connect the preamp to my profire 610 and override the existing preamps on my profire 610?

Doesn't look like the on-board pres can be bypassed. To use an external preamp, your options are to fully turn down the gain on the on-board pres, or use the line inputs.

Otherwise, you would need to modify the profire to physically bypass the pres (and I have no idea if this is feasible).

s/pdif is a digital connection. (acronym for Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format)

Paul

Doesn't look like the on-board pres can be bypassed. To use an external preamp, your options are to fully turn down the gain on the on-board pres, or use the line inputs.

Otherwise, you would need to modify the profire to physically bypass the pres (and I have no idea if this is feasible).

s/pdif is a digital connection. (acronym for Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format)

Paul

If you plug into the line level analog inputs (inputs 3&4 on the back of the unit) on a profire 610 you bypass the pre amps.

I have verified this with m-audio before purchase and do it all the time with external pres

If you plugin to SPDIF you are bypassing the converters (and Preamps) since this is a digital input and is exptecing a digital source

Back