Connecting monitors to the audio interface

Exilon

Hey!

I just got my Reloop ADM-5 Monitors and the cable to connect the main one with the interface is double RCA. However, my audio interface's outputs are made for big jack (that's how you call it?) cables.
Do I need an adapter for it? RCA>>JACK
Will this thing work with an adapter?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Also sorry for possible mistakes as I'm polish.

I got this cable today.. um it's double cinch on one end and single jack at the other side.. so I hooked it up to the stereo output (for computer speakers) and it works but I'm not sure if it can be like that..

I got this cable today.. um it's double cinch on one end and single jack at the other side.. so I hooked it up to the stereo output (for computer speakers) and it works but I'm not sure if it can be like that..

Sounds like you got a stereo jack to 2 RCA cable, that's not what you want, get what I said before.

Alan.

well, the thing is I can't get it anywhere.. I've tried different shops.. every salesman told me he hadn't seen anything like this before (speaking about the rca > 1/4 jack adapter)
yet the cable I got seems to work all fine, even though I put it in the stereo output.

Im so confused.. :/

well, the thing is I can't get it anywhere.. I've tried different shops.. every salesman told me he hadn't seen anything like this before (speaking about the rca > 1/4 jack adapter)
yet the cable I got seems to work all fine, even though I put it in the stereo output.

Im so confused.. :/

It think we are loosing something in the translation, the cable you got will work, but you are hearing the standard computer output not the audio interface output? I think?

The adaptors or cables I showed you would be available in any electrical component store, they are also easy to make if you buy the plugs and cable. If you don't have a suitable shop nearby, try a stereo repair guy, he may make them for you.

Where are you? nobody puts that in their information.

Alan

I'm from Poland. The local salesmen claim they hadn't hear about such adapters/cables.
Maybe it's the international plugs difference thing.

Well, I think I got it!

ht tp ://allegro .pl/kabel-2x-jack-mono-2x-rca-6m-od-lfx-wawa-i1754231568.html

ht tp ://allegro .pl/przejsciowka-duzy-jack-6-3-gn-rca-cinch-przejscie-i1761415656.html

Should I get the cable or the adapters?

Sorry for the cut down links

Can't get the links to work, either the adapters or cable like I recommended will work, what's the trouble with the salesman, is it that they usually sell washing machines?

@witzendoz: haha, maybe :D they fail obviously

@Capriccio: that's the thing I probably need, but.. €20 for the shippment is too much :s

okays, I will buy it once someone officially confirms that 2xRCA - 1x Stereo Jack cable
isn't good, and even though it seems to work well, I should get 2xRCA - 2x Mono Jack

okays, I will buy it once someone officially confirms that 2xRCA - 1x Stereo Jack cable
isn't good, and even though it seems to work well, I should get 2xRCA - 2x Mono Jack

Just to check, what is the brand and model of the interface?

Alan.

If the stereo plug to 2 RAC plugs is plugged into the 1/8" stereo plug on the E-MU, than thats OK, if it's plugged into one of the large 1/4" left / right jacks than you won't get both sides of the stereo. You will have to get 2 leads with a mono jack and an RCA plug on each.

Most interfaces don't have a stereo plug option, that's why I asked what you had.

Cheers

Alan.

Back