Connecting a specific audio interface and composer

I got pretty good at working with Studio One and its kind of for beginners. I got Studio One with the audio interface when I bought and and have sicne upgraded through them.

There's nothing "beginner" about S1, unless you're using the stripped down Artist version. It tops out many recording sites lists of top DAW's, particularly V3. I haven't come across a list of top 10 daw's without seeing it in the top few places; number one on some.

There's nothing "beginner" about S1, unless you're using the stripped down Artist version. It tops out many recording sites lists of top DAW's, particularly V3. I haven't come across a list of top 10 daw's without seeing it in the top few places; number one on some.

I have been using Studio One for a while and I guess I got pretty good at it, so my conclusion is based on my experience with it.

I have read about this problem many times, mostly here at HR but at other places a few times. All I can say is I have, in the last ten or more years had the following list of AIs and computers.

At least 5 laptops and most of those were pretty cheap jobs. (I have two atmo. This i3 HP and a V cheap E systems.
At least 4 desktops and still have 3. Again, none of them are REMOTELY "Deep Thought" fastest is an Asus MOBO'ed AMD 6core home build.
I have used PCs and lappies at work (Blackstar).

Four totally bus powered USB interfaces, Fast track Pro, Tascam 122, 144, NI KA6, Alesis i02 (won't count the Behrry UCA-202?)

In all this time and with all this kit I have never had the slightest problem with "bus power" . The NI KA6 especially pulls just under the max I from USB 2.0 bur even so it has never failed to work perfectly on any PC, laptop or port. I HAVE tried various AIs on powered hubs? Did not work and in fact the Fast track pro crashed the PC to BSOD!

The only exception was the KA6, works fine on a hub.

Just come to me! If this was such a problem I would expect someone to produce an 'inline' USB power pack? (4xAA and a 7085) Never seen any such.

5V Power Injector for USB on RB411UAHR and RB493G

Found that^ but not quite the full ticket.
Dave.

It doesn't seem to affect the recording itself.

Back