Connecting a firewire interface with a headphone mixer

fris9

I have a Firewire 1814 interface and I need to be able to use 3-4 headphones, the unit only provides 2 outputs. So, if I get a headphone mixer would I connect it by line out from the headphone mixer to one of the output jacks on the interface?

I have a Firewire 1814 interface and I need to be able to use 3-4 headphones, the unit only provides 2 outputs. So, if I get a headphone mixer would I connect it by line out from the headphone mixer to one of the output jacks on the interface?

yes you can

From the line output of the interface to the input of the headphone amp. Connecting an output to another output would not work.

Not to overcomplicate it, but you should be able to use the software mixer to assign different mixes to each of the 4 unbalanced outputs to give you different headphone mixes. But then again, I might be wrong. :D

Not to overcomplicate it, but you should be able to use the software mixer to assign different mixes to each of the 4 unbalanced outputs to give you different headphone mixes. But then again, I might be wrong. :D

I would suspect you assign to pairs and that a pan control affects both pairs the same. That at least would give him two stereo mixes with shared panning but independent levels.

Back