confused.......

cliffspab

I'm still really new to my FD4 and homerecording in general. At the moment I use the recorder so basically.

Take it this way, tracks 1&2, electro-acoustic guitar through Korg G2 effects unit. Track 3, vocals. Track 4,
possibly some solo stuff.

The thing that confused me was, while listening through a new song at the weekend I decided I would re-record the vocals. So, my thoughts were that if I just plugged into track 3 when I recorded the original vocals would be overwritten. That wasn't what happened at all, instead I ended up with the original and new vocals there together. I'm not complaining, it now sounds really good. I'm just confused as to how/why this happened.

Can anyone offer me any answers?

Well, I'm no FD4 expert, but I can relate to a similiar situation when recording in Cubase on a computer. There is an option to either A. overdub or B. replace. I would think that there is a setting on the FD4 that allows you to either keep adding data to the same track without overwriting it, or to just replace it with the new data. Maybe you have to erase that track first before doing a new take?

Emeric

Back