Confused when editing Audio data

rvriccardi

Hi all,

I may be having a mental block, I'm not sure, but I'm having major audio editing headaches.

I'm using Sonar 4 Producer to record my drums. When I record my drums I record 2 tracks simultaneously, 1 track for left channel and 1 track for right channel both coming from the outputs of my mixer. I have 7 mic's going into the mixer just for the drums.

My problem is getting the audio data to match up with the beats/measures in Sonar's track view. I hadn't been using Sonar's metronome when I recorded my drums so the drum beats don't match up the beats/measures in the track view. Needless to say editing the audio is a nightmare.

Is my only option to re-record my drum tracks using Sonar's metronome?

I've tried Quantize, but it only seems to move the clip either left or right in the track view, it doesn't change the placement of the beats within the clip.

Am I going about this wrong?

rvriccardi said:
Hi all,

Is my only option to re-record my drum tracks using Sonar's metronome?
Pretty much, I'd say. You need a reference to work against, and it sounds like you did not supply yourselkf one. You'll go nuts trying to sync stuff up to your drum tracks at this point.

Thanks fraserhutch,

I had a feeling that without a reference to sync with when recording in Sonar, like a metronome, I was fighting a loosing battle. Ya learn something new every day.

Why did you post your question twice?

Look at my reply to the other instance of this... re extracting timing from audio.

Back