Confused by SR-16 Manual

unbehaun

I have a degree in English and a fair amount of computer savvy, but I can't make head nor tails of the SR-16 manual. Is there a DVD tutorial out there, or can someone coach me on how to create songs from scratch? I understand how to program the pads and volumes for the sounds I want. What I want to learn is how to create an into, verses, chorus, bridge, then put them all together in one song. Sorry if I'm making this harder than it is!

I don't have the sr-16 or manual in front of me, so I'm going to be relatively vague, but it might help.

What you need to do is create several patterns, then program them together into a song.

Can you create a pattern? You need to select "Compose", then start the pattern and drop the parts together.

Jesus, this is hard to explain, so let me just say that yes, you are making it more difficult than it is. I figured it out and I'm not the brightest star in the sky.

Thanks

I appreciate the reply. Yes, create separate patterns, then string them together to make a song. OK, I'll work on it. It would be so much easier to have a computer program where you could click where you wanted the sounds, and move them around. I'm sure someone makes that, but I'm not yet committed to PC recording. Thanks again!

You want to be in USER mode while creating both "patterns" and "songs." But really I don't see why the manual is giving you so much trouble. It really does lay it all out. The SR-16 has never been anything but a piece of cake for me as far as editing drum kits and programming patterns and songs.

Back