Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apogee symphony desktop

• RME babyface desktop

• Total voters

tvoxmusic

Hello all,
I am confused between UAD apollo twin, Apogee Symphony desktop, RME babyface fs pro. I am a windows user, produce in Fl studio and use pro tools for recording and mixing mastering. Kindly suggest which one is a bank for the buck. also suggest any other interface if it is better.

I dont think it matters, all 3 are great namebrands.
You have Windows, FL, ProTools....Apollo Twin I assume means you only need 1 or 2 inputs. with FL you arent even using preamps so its more a Converter Sound which the articles I read say "doesnt matter much these days".....technology has advanced since 2001.
Preamps are the same IC sound. in the ones you listed all decent....2023 Converters are probably not going to show much character of anything.

I dont see RAM issues and Driver issues like in 2004....so probably doesnt matter either.
Sure in 1997 computers crashed with 3 plugins running...but all thats gone isnt it?

Bang for the buck?...go cheapest!

Personal choice as in "better" is subjective to you... your use, your preferences.....like for me I end up wanting a Rack w 8 channels. Ive tried several times to go smaller and 2 channels but I somehow go back to my preference of rack mount 19" which are usually 8 channels (though I never use 8channels). Maybe you like the Layout of the Apollo unit or the flat design face of the Apogee or a Babyface...? Does it matter to anyone but you?
RME, APOLLO, APOGEE, ANTELOPE, FOCUSRITE, <Enter all Brand Names>,,,,,,all are using IC Preamps and similar Converters...
Do you want ADAT fiber optics? and all that or is it a one mic podcast goal EDM or gear reviews?

Choosing a interface with a awesome Headphone amp is important to me. Maybe you too? That might be something you can read up on with those three interfaces.
Oddly the best interface headphone amp Ive ever heard is the line6ux8. a cheap old unit...that handles upt 600ohm.headphones. Most all other interfaces are weaker HA and cant handle 600 ohm they prefer 20~range typical general public. So you might want to buy a really nice headphone DAC and some really expensive Headphones to have probably the most precision listening you can get or afford.

Why don;t you just do a matching exercise? They're all great products, so visit the websites and makle a list of each one's features - see which ones have extra things the others don't and then go through them and see which ones, for you, are essential, nice to have or unimportant. This will make the choice for you.

I dont think it matters, all 3 are great namebrands.

Bang for the buck?...go cheapest!
I concur with das Coolcat!

This is an ongoing discussion that has been going on since we humans started recording sound on a piece of smoked paper..I guess up until a few years ago we all thought Edison was the first with his "Mary had a little lamb"...nope...see below...

With regards to AD/ DA interfaces I don't think most of us here blindfolded can tell with certainty the difference and nuances of an under $200 interface from a $2000 interface. FWIW Billie Eilish who swept the Grammy's last year as the youngest artist to ever win all 4 categories used the Universal Audio Apollo Twin Audio Interface to record her songs with. Good enough to win grammys probably good enough for the average recording enthusiast

1685457833896.png

Last edited:
Back