Confused about routing

Hollow Root

I'm building a multi-effect and am having trouble wrapping my head around routing. I'd like each section to be by-passable. But the way I have it now (figure A) signal from the reverb slips back in through the eq out and causes feedback. If I remove the eq direct out everything is cool.

If I try it with an opamp mixer like figure B won't there be inverted and non inverted signals mixing together?

Is there a better way to mix all this for the flexibility I'm after?

Thanks in advance!

Routing.jpg

"If I try it with an opamp mixer like figure B won't there be inverted and non inverted signals mixing together?"

Probably, but you just insert unity gain inverters where appropriate. TLs are cheap enough FCS!
About 20-30% of all the op amp stages in a big mixer are there simply to invert signals "back".

And you might think about JFETs for signal switching? As ever "Small Signal Amplifiers" by D Self tells all.

Dave.

b is more logical, but for more control, you could get a headphone distribution amp that has 2 mix inputs that away you can control the signal gain structure and select if you want eq to the fx unit, etc.

Attachments

• parallelprocess.jpg
    parallelprocess.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 18
Back