Configuring/setting up Tascam US-1800 & Logic Pro X

Aloversmaskband

I've recently upgraded my studio from a Tascam DP-008 EX and a W7 PC running Audacity to 2010 MacBook Pro (Mavericks OS) running Logic Pro X with a Tascam US-1800.

I'm having trouble configuring the Tascam and MacBook so that they talk to each other. Currently (5-19-14) The Tascam can receive sound from the MacBook and push the sound through headphones or/and the Monitor Outs. The MacBook is Aware of the Tascam, and I have the most up-to-date drivers installed.

When I play my guitar through the interface to the Macbook, the MacBook recognizes that there is sound coming to it (In Sound Options, I can see the visual representation). BUT IT DOES NOT AMPLIFY OR PRODUCE THE SOUND. Logic Pro X also, recognizes the Tascam but it will not pick anything up from it.

The Tascam will also push out my guitar signal to a Mixer/PA System. Before I upgraded to the interface, I had an Akai MPK25 that I could record with, directly into Logic Pro X.

Can someone help me with finishing the configuration process/cable set up required? How do I get the Tascam to talk to Logic Pro X?

Back