Confess: Acoustic-ish song

The reverb on the vocals was a bit too much (for me). The rest seemed pretty clean and clear - no other issues.
Pretty good for a garage @_@

sweet! yeah the reverb was a bit of a debate but the artist wanted it that way so hey, i'm just the hired monkey! thanks very much for taking the time to listen

Guitars are a bit present. You can bring the bass up a bit and give it bit more ass - the mix supports the vocal, and so you can afford to let the bass support the vocal a bit more by having a bit more bottom. Basses are famous for their bottoms, so you want them to sound good, no matter what they look like. :)

Keep working pitch. That's what I do. I even do vocals over again sometimes. It's fun. You just throw yourself into it.

Now as I always say, I LIKE reverb but on this particular tune, it's a bit "wet". Some of stops at the end of chorus' feel a little loose. You could use some surgical tuning on the vocal but in general it's not bad. Even though it's an acoustic tune, it could use a bit more punch. Still, not bad at all.

Ok guys thanks alot for the feedback and taking the time to listen. I'll get back to the mix and adjust the certain areas you highlighted!

bring up the acoustic in the intro, but not the reverb return, then drop both back a bit when vocals join. I think you can make more out of the bass line too, if you can bring it up a bit in the mix and filling out the low end a little bit might just make the whole track sound a bit fuller. I think the drums guitar and vocal balance against each other fine, there just needs to be a bit more padding round them which I would try to do with the bass.

Oh also, drop the tom mics back a little bit, they stand out just a shade more than the snare, but I like the wide panning :)

I like the song
In addition to what was mentioned it seemed to be that the drums were coming from far away and weren't punchy enough (for my taste). this could be a part of the Reverb issue but I think you might be able to get some more punch with some careful use of compression, especially on the snare
overall a good vibe though, just needs some clean up

I liked the second version better, mostly because the guitar sounds fuller. I liked the syncopated drums, but the timing in some spots is off.

I think the song could still use a stronger lower end.

The song could use harmony vocals in the chorus. I think it could also use a second guitar part. I'd have gone for double tracked vocals too. The song just doesn't seem to work in this stripped down fashion as well as I think it would as a fuller mix. To me it calls for a "bigger" sound.

Back