Condensor $100-200 for vox...

jameslucas said:
I need a reasonably cheap vocal mic for my project studio. What's everyone's favorite in this price range and why.
You should go to your local music stores and audition some mic's to find the one(s) YOU like best... because what's good for me may not be good for you. Don't buy any mic without aduitioning it first unless you have extra money to throw away.

Do a search on the Studio Projects C1, B1, Shure SM-57, and the Marshall V67G... they're all in your price range and have received lots of positive feedback. Also, some people have had good results with the Oktava 319. Audio Technica also makes very good LDCs for the money, as does RODE.

If I were buying my first LDC, I'd check out the Studio Projects B1... they cost around $80, and are fairly neutral sounding. I own two of them (along with many other more expensive mics), and feel they were well worth the money.

I've got an Oktava MK-319 which I like alot. They're about $100, but I know that a lot of guitar centers across the country had them last weekend (and may still) on sale for $50 which is an absolute steal.

I would check that out if I were you.

Back