• CAD m179

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • CAD Trion 6000

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Rode Nt1a

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

jcouturemusic

Hey guys my birthday is coming up soon I'm interested in buying a LDC so I can finally get started on some basic home recording. However i dont want anything to expensive right now, preferably under 200. I might consider spending more if theres a legtimate reason though...

What I've been looking at so far is the CAD m197, CAD Trion 6000, and the Rode NT1a.

Anyone able to give advice on which is the best choice or what other options i should be considering. Please give a reason why and include your recording experience in general and with the mic.

Oh btw, it'll be used for mainly vocals, and some acoustic guitars. Possibly violin, and other random instruments. But the main reason for purchase is vocals, I'll buy a dedicated instrument mic when I have more money.

P.S. someone please tell me how to post a poll i cant figure it out

Last edited:
??????????

kidvybes is telling you to not consider those microphones that you listed and seriously look at the MXL 2003a for a price of $169. from bhphotovideo.

Just follow the link to bhphotovideo and purchase it. In fact I think you get a small condenser microphone in the deal as well! That will take care of your instrument microphone ..... it's a win-win purchase. ;)

:cool:

Back