condensed fiberglass info/where to buy thread

Rick Finsta

In the Milwaukee area, there is an IDI Distributors location (in Hartland by Waukesha, actually). Steve there is setting me up with 2" OC 703 for $1.30/ft^2, though there is a minimum order (I believe this is "three boxes," but he is currently running down whether there are six or twelve 24"x48" pieces per box). I will update with final pricing and such once I actually pick it up.

Dicus

Enthusiastic Member
If your in Europe try to find Rockwool 221 has a density of 55kg/m3. Which is very good (according to these cool measurements). I got it on the Dutch equivalent of EBay from a guy that buys it in bigger bunches.

40 euros per pack. One pack is eight 5cm thick plates 100x60cm. No idea if that is a good price or not, it's the only deal I could find...

clntgn

I'm new and was just looking for oc #703 for building a few bass traps. After hours of searching and calling, one of the places I called directed me towards r-factor in Puyallup, WA (Near Tacoma). They have it in stock, 12 sheets for $105. Probably the best price I found after looking for so long. I can finally build those bass traps.

bLUiVORY

= Mojo Worker =
Current findings around the metro Detroit area:

Insulation Sales of Ferndale sells OC703 2"x2'x4' at $1.06 sq.ft. and in 96sq.ft. cases, 12 pieces per box.

Mechanical Insulation Supply of Redford sells Roxul 6lb density non-rigid at $0.91 per piece, 10 pieces per box.

As of March, 2017, this is still a viable place to get 703 in Detroit area - near 9 Mile & I-75. (248) 398-7200

Price has increased over last six years, of course. I picked up a 12-pack of OC 703 2" for $122.11, and that includes tax.