Computer recommendation for Delta 1010

JonHunt

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a pair of M-Audio Delta 1010s. I want to set up a pci desktop system at home with a lot of I/O for the purpose of transferring individual tracks to and from my analog reel to reel machine. I also want to be able to mix down 16 tracks on my analog console. So can anyone recommend a good computer to buy for the Delta 1010? It has to be PCI, not PCIe. That’s why I’m having trouble finding one. I would like a tower new enough to have WiFi and support my pro tools subscription, but old enough to have PCI. eBay listings, etc. usually don’t mention anything about expansion. Also, has anyone had any luck using a 1010 with a laptop (using a PCI-usb interface, for example)?

Before anyone suggests it, I know the Delta 1010 is old. I am asking for advice to do with the 1010, not recommendations for other interfaces. This isn’t my usual system;I have other contemporary gear and I’m playing with the 1010s because I want to.

Well, I have some old computers I built myself. You could go the route, not sure how easy it would be to get MDs with PCI slots. I have an old Delta1010 in my music computer, but I built that about 10 years ago.

You might try looking for an MD with MB and build you one out. Use older gear for memory and HD and power supply.

Back